Hockey FIT Terms & Conditions
By downloading or using the app, these terms will automatically apply to you – you should make sure therefore that you read them carefully before using the app. You’re not allowed to copy, or modify the app, any part of the app, or our trademarks in any way. You’re not allowed to attempt to extract the source code of the app, and you also shouldn’t try to translate the app into other languages, or make derivative versions. The app itself, and all the trade marks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights related to it, still belong to Hockey FIT.
Hockey FIT is committed to ensuring that the app is as useful and efficient as possible. For that reason, we reserve the right to make changes to the app or services, at any time and for any reason. We will never charge you for the app or its services without making it very clear to you exactly what you’re paying for.
The Hockey FIT app stores and processes personal data that you have provided to us, in order to provide our Service. It’s your responsibility to keep your phone and access to the app secure. We therefore recommend that you do not jailbreak or root your phone, which is the process of removing software restrictions and limitations imposed by the official operating system of your device. It could make your phone vulnerable to malware/viruses/malicious programs, compromise your phone’s security features and it could mean that the Hockey FIT app won’t work properly or at all.
You should be aware that there are certain things that Hockey FIT will not take responsibility for. Certain functions of the app will require the app to have an active internet connection. The connection can be Wi-Fi, or provided by your mobile network provider, but Hockey FIT cannot take responsibility for the app not working at full functionality if you don’t have access to Wi-Fi, and you don’t have any of your data allowance left.
If you’re using the app outside of an area with Wi-Fi, you should remember that your terms of the agreement with your mobile network provider will still apply. As a result, you may be charged by your mobile provider for the cost of data for the duration of the connection while accessing the app, or other third-party charges. In using the app, you’re accepting responsibility for any such charges, including roaming data charges if you use the app outside of your home territory (i.e. region or country) without turning off data roaming. If you are not the bill payer for the device on which you’re using the app, please be aware that we assume that you have received permission from the bill payer for using the app.
Along the same lines, Hockey FIT cannot always take responsibility for the way you use the app i.e. You need to make sure that your device stays charged – if it runs out of battery and you can’t turn it on to avail the Service, Hockey FIT cannot accept responsibility.
With respect to Hockey FIT’s responsibility for your use of the app, when you’re using the app, it’s important to bear in mind that although we endeavour to ensure that it is updated and correct at all times, we do rely on third parties to provide information to us so that we can make it available to you. Hockey FIT accepts no liability for any loss, direct or indirect, you experience as a result of relying wholly on this functionality of the app.
At some point, we may wish to update the app. The app is currently available on Android & iOS – the requirements for both systems (and for any additional systems we decide to extend the availability of the app to) may change, and you’ll need to download the updates if you want to keep using the app. Hockey FIT does not promise that it will always update the app so that it is relevant to you and/or works with the Android & iOS version that you have installed on your device. However, you promise to always accept updates to the application when offered to you. We may also wish to stop providing the app, and may terminate use of it at any time without giving notice of termination to you. Unless we tell you otherwise, upon any termination, (a) the rights and licenses granted to you in these terms will end; (b) you must stop using the app, and (if needed) delete it from your device.
Changes to This Terms and Conditions
We may update our Terms and Conditions from time to time. Thus, you are advised to review this page periodically for any changes. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Terms and Conditions on this page. These changes are effective immediately after they are posted on this page.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Terms and Conditions, do not hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Last Updated: February 15, 2019
Hockey Fans In Training developed and published “Hockey FIT” an application for mobile devices. “Hockey FIT”, “we” or “us” refers to Hockey Fans in Training and other entities under common ownership, affiliation and/or any of their agents, consultants, employees, officers and directors.
Information You Provide
We collect information that you voluntarily provide Hockey FIT, such as when using our Service or registering an account with us, participating in a promotion or survey, requesting customer support or otherwise communicating with us. The type of information that we may collect includes your first and last name, email address, photograph, avatar images, password, or other identifying information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Device information: We collect device specific information when you access our Service from a mobile device, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, device software platform and firmware, data about usage of our Service while connected to devices that you authorize us to access data and mobile network information, and other anonymous or aggregated data as reasonably required by Hockey FIT to enhance our service and product.
- Use Information: We collect information about your use of the Service, including access times and application usage activity.
How We Use Your Information
We may use and retain the information that we collect about you for various purposes, including to:
- Operate, improve, and optimize our Services;
- Create your user account and allow you to use our application;
- Provide technical and customer support;
- Protect our legal rights and property in connection with our Services;
- Prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities and enforce our Terms of Service;
- Notify you of in-application updates, new products, promotions, and/or other marketing communication;
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends in connection with our Services;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes that we may have with you or other users, and to enforce our agreements with third parties;
- Conduct research; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Consent to Data Processing in Canada
Hockey FIT is based in Canada and the information we collect is governed by Canadian law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing the information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information within Canada.
How We Share Your Information
We may use, disclose to our partners and vendors acting on our behalf; or to publish aggregated, anonymous information about our users for analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, analytics, research studies and reports, and other similar purposes.
We may share your information, including personal information, with third parties or allow third parties to collect this information from our Services, as follows:
- We may disclose personal information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process; or is otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- We may disclose your personal information if we have a reason to believe that a disclosure is necessary to address a potential or actual injury or interference with our rights, property, operations, users or other who may be harmed or may suffer loss or damage, or we believe such disclose is necessary to protect Hockey FIT’s rights;
- Any information that you share in the course of contributing to user-generated content to our Services, such as ratings, or the like is public information and there is no expectation of privacy or confidentiality. Hockey FIT is not responsible for any personal information that you choose to make public in any of these forums; or
- In the event of a transfer of ownership Hockey FIT will provide notification allowing the user the option to remain with the program.
We do not share your personal information with third party advertisers for marketing or any other purposes.
Managing Your Information
Hockey FIT does not verify the accuracy of your personal information and the correctness of this information is solely your responsibility. However, we make good faith efforts to enable you to update, confirm, or delete (or otherwise de-identify) your personal information in our possession.
Upon request, Hockey FIT will notify you whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com or contacting us via our physical address provided below. We will need sufficient information from you to establish your identity in order to fulfill your request.
With your consent, we may send push notifications (or “alerts”) to your mobile device to provide application activity information, service updates, promotional communications and other related messages. You can deactivate push notifications by changing your notifications settings via your mobile device.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from Hockey FIT by following the instructions in those messages or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Links to Services
Hockey FIT links to online services. The link to the website enables us to access information and data used in the application. Hockey FIT does not link to any third party websites.
How long we retain your information depends on why we collected it and how we use it. We generally retain your personal information as long as your account is active or for as long as is necessary for our business or research purposes or for legal requirements.
Hockey FIT takes reasonable measures to help protect the security, integrity, and privacy of your information in our possession.
You may also contact our Privacy Officer by writing to:
Hockey Fans in Training
1465 Richmond St.,